Tuesday, July 28, 2009

A Taste of Court

Today I went down to the LA Federal Court House for lack of anything better to do on my day off. I wanted to give my chance to see real lawyers really being lawyers to help dispel any romanticized notions of law. I spent about 2 1/2 hours there and found that it was largely what I expected to be on my first visit. Although, I was surprised by that incredible lengths the prosecution was making to reiterate again and again key points to make sure the jury was understanding what was being said.

Afterwards I made a marathon 16 mile bike ride all the way back to Santa Monica. On the way I stoped by my lawyer's office to ask his advice on a few points that I've been concerned about. Unfortunately he was on vacation so instead I just left a hand written letter for him. Eventually though, I want to ask him for an internship. I wouldn't accept anything so glamorous as answering a phone but I would be just as happy to bring his office coffee in the morning so I could get the reference. Besides, I'm sure eventually he would need something picked up or dropped off somewhere in the city and that is sure something I could do.

No comments:

Post a Comment