Today I got off work at 6 PM, so I made only a quick stop at boarders before making the trip home. I came across another Kaplan publication, Logic Games ADVANCED. Intrigued I sat down the coffee shop at Boarders a flipped to the logic game section and gave the first set of 7 a try. I breezed through them, although still a little too slow. Pleased I turned the page to check my score: 2/7!
"What? Huh? What happened?"
I miss-notated a rule as IO instead of OI. As you can imagine I was frustrated and left shortly after. What a stupid way to miss 5 out of 7 questions! This is not the first time either, for another Logic Game I wrote a J as a 'j' instead of a 'J'. This one mistake also meant that I missed 4 out of the 5 questions on that whole section! Missing 4 questions can be the difference between scoring in the 62nd percentile and the 50th percentile. I just need to make extra sure on test day that I'm not screwing up that badly.
I shouldn't be so hard on myself. I was writing my notes on the back of receipt paper I got from the coffee shop. With so little space mistakes were bound to happen.
No comments:
Post a Comment